I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak. There ain't no disguisin' the truth.

Monday 4 March 2013

I Am A Disciple

I am part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. I have Holy Spirit power.
The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Christ.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.
I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, mundane talking and cheap living.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, or popularity.
I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience,
lift by prayer, and labour by His power.
My face is set, my steps are forward, my goal is Heaven,
My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few,
my Guide reliable, my mission clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back,
diluted, deluded or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity,
negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,
or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I am a disciple of Christ. I must go until He comes, give until I drop,
preach until all know, and work until He stops me.
And when He comes to for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.
For we have walked together all the days of my life.

– Anon

2 comments:

  1. And this is what 'Christian' used to mean ... if only when people said 'I'm a Christian', this is still what was meant...

    You should post more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have! Thanks for commenting! It made it so I could find my blog! I'd lost it :P :D

    ReplyDelete